Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Blossom Time-the best time of the year!






Every year my hometown has a festival over memorial day weekend-the Blossom Time Festival. We have been going for years and my siblings and I have always believed they have the best parade-maybe because they throw so much candy! Now that I have kids, I am not so sure that the sugar high is really the best. This was Matt's first Blossom Time and after the years of hype, I hope it lived up to his high expectations. We spent Saturday walking around the fair and letting Abby go on a few rides. She had a blast and was so brave going on the ferris wheel and merry-go-round all by herself! We cannot believe how fast she is growing up. We then tried to go to the balloon glow where they have a hot air balloon launch and race. Unfortunately, this was cancelled due to the weather. On Sunday morning, we woke up and I ran the annual 5.25 mile race. It is a fun run, but a very hilly course. Matt was so nice to watch the kids and bring them to come cheer me on. After the big run, they have a kids run. Abby was running against kids 4 and under. Once again, we were so impressed with our little girl. She took off running by herself and just waved to us as she went by. On her way back to the finish her daddy and I joined her. She was so proud of herself and loved getting the ribbon at the end for finishing. When we got back to my parents house, my sister and her kids arrived and the real fun begin. Abby and Connor love their cousins and it is always a blast when all of us are together. We headed back into Chagrin Falls for the parade. Once again the amount of candy thrown did not dissapoint! Connor slept through most of the parade on his daddy and both of them were so happy. Abby and I were busy fighting for candy. After the parade, we spent some time relaxing at grandma and grandpas before heading back to the carnival. The kids had fun on a few rides, but then a thunderstorm rolled in and we had to literally run from the festival. We still got rained on and all of the kids were pretty scared of the lightening and thunder so we played in the grocerystore for a while until the storm passed. It was a fun night and all of the kids were exhausted by the time we got home!


I had to add this picture of Abby and her cousin trying to use the potty at the same time! Abby's face cracks me up.











No comments: