Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day!






This weekend my mom and dad took me to my first parade. It was a St. Patty's day parade with tons of Irish dancers and bagpipes. We went with our friend Julie and we even got to take a train ride to get to the parade. It was a lot of fun and there were so many kids to watch at the parade. After the parade we met our friends Jenna, Matt and Maura for lunch. I love babies and I even got to hold baby Maura in my lap-isn't she cute? My mom told me we are Irish and that grandma's maiden name is Flanagan.

The parade was so much fun, but I think it wore me down a bit. On Sunday my throat started to hurt. I really didn't feel like playing much either. My nana came to visit me from Ft. Collins and I was able to have a little bit of fun playing with her. After she left though, I remembered how much pain I was in and I wasn't able to get any sleep that night. My mom took me to the doctor on Monday and she said that I had a virus infection. The doctor said that I had a lot of blisters on my throat. No wonder it hurts so much. It was a pretty miserable few days, the only good thing about being sick was that I got to eat as much ice cream that I wanted because it was the only thing that I could manage to swallow. My mom said maybe I got sick when I got kissed on the lips twice by an older boy on the playground Friday. My dad said that I am not aloud to kiss any boys besides him!

Today was St. Patty's day and we started to watch another little boy named Caidyn. His mom teaches with my dad at school. I think he had fun playing with all my toys, but I think he was a little sad because he missed his mom and dad. Daddy stayed home today to recover from a few days of no sleep and to help mommy watch both of us. Overall, it was a fun day and I am finally feeling better. I was even able to eat real food, no ice cream today! Mommy and daddy say that I am getting really smart and learning so many new words. They keep saying that they have to watch what they say because I keep repeating everything they say.


No comments: